Say goodbye to the battery problems of your iPhone 14 with our easy guide. Discover how to insert a new battery into your iPhone 14 with our easy step-by-step guide to iPhone 14 battery replacement.
Here is a simple step-by-step guide to iPhone 14 battery replacement.
Step 1 Collect Necessary Tools
Gather all these handy tools to replace the battery of your iPhone 14
- Opening Picks
- A Suction cup
- A set of screwdrivers
- Heat gun or Hairdryer
- A pair of tweezers
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Adhesive Glue
Step 2 Power Off Your iPhone 14
- Turn off your iPhone 14 by following these steps:
- Press and hold the power button and volume up button.
- A power-off slider will appear.
- Slide the button to the right.
- Your phone will turn off.
- Tap on settings
- Go to General
- Select Shutdown
Step 3 Unscrew Pentalobe Screws
- You will observe two 6.8 mm long Pentalobe screws at the bottom side of your iPhone 14.
- Unscrew these screws with a screwdriver.
Step 4 Heat All The Edges Of iPhone 14
- Adjust medium heat settings on your hair dryer or heat gun. You can also use a hot plate to heat the iPhone 14.
- Heat all edges of your iPhone 14 for 5 to 7 minutes to soften the adhesive glue around the edges.
Step 5 Use A Suction Cup
- Apply a suction cup at the bottom edge of the rear glass.
- Pull the suction cup to create a gap between the rear glass and the iPhone body frame.
Step 6 Insert An Opening Pick
- Take an opening pick or tool.
- Mark 3 mm on the opening pick.
- Insert this pick into the gap between the rear glass and the iPhone 14 frame.
Step 7 Slice The Bottom Adhesive
- Slide the pick from the lower right corner to the lower left corner to cut the bottom adhesive.
Step 8 Cut The Left Adhesive
- Move the pick from the lower left corner to the upper left corner.
- Repeat this movement 3 to 4 times to slice the left adhesive.
Step 9 Remove The Upper Edge Adhesive
- Keep moving the pick from the upper left edge to the upper right corner.
- 2 to 3 times. It will cut the upper edge adhesive.
Step 10 Slice The Right Side Adhesive
- There is a fragile cable along the right side of your iPhone 14. Do not insert a pick here to avoid any damage.
- Use the opening pick to slice the right-side adhesive.
Be cautious not to insert the pick more than 3mm as it can potentially cause damage to the charging coil.
Step 11 Prop Up The Rear Glass
- Open the iPhone 14 like a book from the left side with the help of your fingers.
Step 12 Unfasten The Battery Connector Cover
- Take a screwdriver to unfasten the two 1.3mm long screws of the battery connector cover.
- Keep the screws in a safe place, as you may need them during the reassembly of your iPhone.
Step 13 Remove The Battery Connector Cover
- Use a pair of tweezers to hold and gently lift the battery connector cover.
- Separate the battery connector cover.
Step 14 Disconnect The Battery
- Pry up the battery cable connector with a spudger to disconnect the battery.
Step 15 Unscrew The Charging Coil Connector Cover
- Unscrew the 1 mm long screw securing the charging coil connector cover.
Step 16 Remove The Charging Coil Connector Cover
- Use a pair of tweezers or your fingers to remove the charging coil connector cover.
Step 17 Detach The Charging Coil
- Pry up the charging coil cable connector with the pointed edge of a spudger to disconnect the charging coil.
Step 18 Separate The Rear Glass
- Now separate the rear glass of the iPhone 14 and keep it aside.
Step 19 Find And Remove The Adhesive Strips
- You may observe two stretch adhesive strips at the top edge of the battery.
- These two strips have adhered the battery to its recess.
- Use a pair of blunt nose tweezers to peel these two adhesive strips pull-tabs.
Step 20 Remove The Battery
- Use your fingers to gently pull the pull tabs of adhesive strips with equal force.
- Use an opening pick to pry up the battery from its recess.
- Do not use a pointed tool to pry up the battery.
- If you cannot remove the battery, pour two drops of isopropyl alcohol into the back side of the battery from the upper edge.
- Hold the iPhone in a diagonal position for a few seconds.
- Now, use an opening pick to pry up the battery.
Step 21 Reassembly
- Clean the old adhesive from the edges of the rear glass with Isopropyl alcohol.
- Apply new adhesive around the edges.
- Reconnect the charging coil and battery.
- Attach the rear glass to the iPhone 14 body frame.
- If you notice droplets of isopropyl alcohol in the phone, wipe them off carefully.
Excellent job! You have successfully learned about iPhone 14 battery replacement with our easy-to-follow guide. Turn on your phone and enjoy using your phone without any battery issues.