Is your Google Pixel 8 or Google Pixel 8 Pro screen break? We understand that it is heartbreaking to see the newest Google Pixel 8 or 8 Pro with a damaged display. But don't worry! We're here to help you throughout the Google Pixel screen replacement. This blog post is a Comprehensive step-by-step guide for Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro Screen Replacement.
But this is not enough here. We'll also talk about why your Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro screens might get damaged. And we will also learn what are the ways to protect your Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro’s screen. If you're excited to see your phone looking new again let's get started without any delay.
How To Replace The Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro’s Screen (Step-By-Step Guide)
If you are someone who is trying it for the first time like me. You must note the first step. This step is always on the top for professional mobile technicians.
Step #1 Gathering Tools
Gathering all the necessary tools is highly important. Because at every stage you need some special tools and looking for those tools can spoil the entire repairing and replacement work. So it's better to make sure that required everything is in place when you are performing this Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro screen replacement task.
This handy tool helps gently pry open your Google Pixel 8 or 8 Pro without causing damage.
A heating tool makes sure safe and smooth disassembly of Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro. It helps by softening adhesive for easier screen removal.
A suction tool can make mobile phone disassembling super easy. Use a suction tool to lift the screen. It will provide access for repairs without scratches or dents.
This tool will be your ultimate need with Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro screen replacement. A spudger helps in delicate connections. It will allow precise Connection removals without harming internal components during the repair and replacement process.
Screen Replacement Adhesive
Another thing you will need is a Quality adhesive. It will make sure a secure fit for the new screen. And also prevent any unwanted wiggles or gaps.
New Google Pixel 8 or 8 Pro Screen (Display)
At the heart of the replacement process is a new screen that is the life of your Google Pixel 8 or 8 Pro. It will restore the visual brilliance of your Pixel set.
Step #2 Prepare Your Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro for Disassembling
- However mentioning this step separately will emphasize the precautions. So the first thing is to make sure that your pixel phone’s battery has drained to 25% or less. Because during the repair process it may catch fire if mistakenly gets damaged.
- The second important thing is your Pixel phone should not be connected to any cable.
Now you can start the further process.
Step #3 Switch Off Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro For the Screen Replacement Process
Simply you just need to press the Volum Up and Power button simultaneously. A shutdown menu will appear on the screen. Select the power off and it's done.
Step #4 Disassembling The Google Pixel 8 or 8 Pro
Use opening picks to gently separate the screen from the frame. But here you have to avoid deep insertion of the opening pick to prevent device damage. Follow these steps.
- Measure 3mm from the pick's tip and mark it with a permanent marker.
- Alternatively you can tape a coin to the pick. Make sure to position it 3mm from the tip for added precision and safety.
Note: Don’t skip preparing your opening pick for the Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro screen replacement.
Step #5 Heating the Pixel Set
The Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro screen is secured with adhesive and clips. So you need to soften the adhesive for easy separation.
- Heat the screen's bottom edge with a heat gun for two minutes.
- Alternatively you can use a hair dryer or hot plate. but be careful! The extreme heat may harm the screen or battery.
Step #6 Use Suction Tool for Easy Screen Removal
- Using a suction tool can make your work easier. Place the suction tool on the Google Pixel 8 or 8 Pro screen, gently pull it up, and create space for inserting the opening pick.
- Give the suction handle a strong and steady grip. Now pull until you see a gap forming between the screen and frame.
Step #7 Insert An Opening Pick
- Now you can insert the marked opening pick if you have created enough gap between the device’s body and screen.
- If the screen is still stuck then you should apply more heat to separate the screen and create enough gap.
- Never try to insert an opening pick more than 3mm. Otherwise you may damage the internal connections or components.
- The screen cable is at the center on the left edge. Be gentle to avoid cable tears.
- Numerous spring contacts around the phone edge. Handle these areas carefully to prevent bending.
Step #8 Separate The Right Bottom Edge
Gently slide the pick along the bottom edge to loosen the adhesive. Keep it in the bottom right corner to avoid resealing.
Step #9 Give Heat To The Right Edge From the Front Screen
- Now it's time to give heat to the right edge of the screen with a heat gun for two minutes.
- Another option is to use a hair dryer or a heating plate. But be cautious! Using extreme heat may harm the screen or battery.
Step #10 Sperate The Right Edge Using the Opening Pick
- Now you can insert the second marked opening pick under the bottom right corner of the Google Pixel 8 or 8 Pro’s display.
- It's time to slide up the opening pick to the top right corner of the Google pixels’s screen. That's how you can separate the adhesive securely.
- Leave the opening pick at the right corner of the screen so that the cannot stick again.
Step #11 Repeat the Procedure For the Left Side Of The Google Pixel Phone
At this stage your Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro’s Screen adhesive is removed from the right side. You follow the same steps to release the left edge and left side of the phone’s screen.
Step #12 Sperate The Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro Screen
- After following the all previous steps on the left side of the pixel phone your phone’s display is securely ready for separation.
- Hare you need to prop up the screen.
- You can place a small box or anything that maintains the level and makes your task easy.
- If you find the screen still stuck to the phone’s body you can use the opening pick again to remove the adhesive.
- Lift the screen slightly to access the screen cable without putting stress on it. This helps prevent damage.
Step #13 Remove The Screen Connection Cover
- You will see a steel cover securing the screen connection cable. Pick an opening tool to pry up the cable cover from the right edge.
- Now remove the cover.
- Gently slide a spudger under the top right corner of the screen's press connector, then carefully lift and disconnect the cable.
- Now the screen is securely separated.
Step #14 Install The New Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro Screen
Congratulations on reaching this stage securely. It is time to install the new Google Pixel 8 and 8 pro screen. Make sure you have the right screen for your pixel set.
- Now Prepare the new new display. Make sure it's fully clean and clear before installation.
- After removing the dust and dirt align the connector over its socket, press down on one side until it clicks, then press the other side. Avoid pressing in the middle to prevent damage.
Step #15 Quick Test Before Sealing
As you put things back together Give your Pixel phone a quick test before sealing it.
- Connect the screen temporarily, power it on, and make sure it works.
- Power off and disconnect before full reassembly.
- After connecting the screen cable you can let down the screen on the phone’s body and secure it again with new adhesive.
Step #16 Proper Testing
Congratulations once again now your Google Pixel 8 or 8 Pro is completely ready for the final and proper test.
Power on the Pixel phone and check the display properly.
Common Causes of Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro Screen Damage
We know that you must be thinking about the reasons behind the Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro Screen Damage. As we said above this is a complete and helpful guide if you are a Google Pixel 8 OR 8 Pro user or thinking about buying any of the Google Pixel 8 or 8 Pro. So here we are discussing some causes that can harm the Pixel phone’s screen.
The most common cause is accidental drops. Often our Phones drop resulting in shattered or cracked screens. It also happens because of the very sleek and fine metal body. But the screen damage is very rare with the Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro.
Impact with Hard Surfaces
Bumps and knocks with hard surfaces, whether it's a fall onto concrete or a direct hit on a solid object, can lead to screen damage.
Pressure or Bending
Extra pressure or bending of the phone can cause the screen to crack especially when applied to exposed areas.
Contact with Sharp Objects
Sometimes your Google Pixel phone comes into contact with sharp objects in pockets or bags. It is also the big reason that leads to scratches and in severe cases screen punctures.
Well this is really uncommon with Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro. However some screens may have manufacturing defects that make them more sensitive to damage.
Exposure to Extreme Temperatures
Sometimes sudden exposure to extreme temperatures either hot or cold can compromise the screen's integrity.
This is another common damage that may occur with your Pixel phone. Even a small amount of liquid seeping into your screen can damage internal components. Be cautious and keep your phone away from liquids.
Tips To Prevent Google Pixel 8 And 8 Pro Screen Replacement
Use Screen Protectors
The no. 1 tip is to invest in a quality screen protector. It adds an extra layer and shields your Google pixel screen from scratches, impacts, and even fingerprints.
Another great tip is you should choose a strong phone case that provides enough coverage. A case with raised edges protects your Google Pixel 8 or 8 pro screen during accidental falls.
Avoiding Pockets with Sharp Objects
You can also prevent any sort of screen damage by keeping your Pixel phone in pockets free of sharp objects to prevent scratches and potential damage.
Must-Have Temperature Awareness
Be cautious in extreme temperatures. For protecting your Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro you should avoid exposing your phone to excessive heat or cold, which can impact the screen.
Always Keep Your Google Pixel Phone At Liquid-Free Zones
Avoid placing your Pixel phone in places with liquids. It will help to prevent accidental spills or exposure that might damage the screen.
Finally we have learned everything about Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro Screen replacement. This guide shows every step that can help you understand the entire repair procedure. This step-by-step will teach you from the very beginning such as preparing your Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro for screen replacement. Meanwhile we also guide you on where to be cautious when replacing the Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro screen such as avoiding insertion of opening tool more than 3mm.
We hope that you enjoyed reading this helpful guide for Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro Screen Replacement. Now you Celebrate the best visual of your Pixel phone. So enjoy your crystal-clear display and keep your Pixel safe! Happy Repairing!