In this article I will cover all steps to disassemble the Samsung Galaxy S22 and replace the damaged Samsung Galaxy S22 display screen.
If you are looking for an easy step-by-step guide to repair and replace your Samsung Galaxy S22 broken or cracked screen then this guideline is definitely for you. Follow all these steps without skipping, to repair the damaged screen of the Samsung S22.
Turn off the Samsung S22 before screen replacement. You should avoid damaging the battery. Keep in mind battery damage can result in a thermal incident. Without any delay, let's begin our Samsung Galaxy S22 Screen Replacement Process.
Important Note: The water resistance of the Samsung Galaxy S22 will be affected due to disassembly. The waterproof ability of your device depends on how perfectly you re-apply adhesive glue while reassembling your device.
Step 1: Collect the Important Tools:
The first step is to gather all the important equipment and tools that will be helpful during the screen replacement operation of the Samsung Galaxy S22. The tools we will use in this process are:
- A SIM card tray ejecting pin
- A suction cup
- A heat gun or hairdryer
- Plastic pry tool
- A Phillips screwdriver
- Opening picks of 5mm
- Blunt Nose Tweezers
- Adhesive glue
Step 2: Take Out the SIM Card Tray
Take out the SIM card tray to start the Samsung S22 screen replacement procedure.
- Hold the SIM card tray ejecting pin.
- Push it into the hole near the SIM card tray.
- The SIM card tray will come out of the smartphone.
- Take out the SIM card tray and keep it in a safe place.
Step 3: Heat the Lower Side
- Turn off your phone.
- Heat the lower side of the phone for at least 3 to 4 minutes with a heat gun or a hair dryer.
- Do not overheat the device.
- Too much heat can damage the plastic cover and the inner sensitive components of the device.
- Wait for the adhesive glue to melt and become soft. While heating the phone keep this in mind that Samsung Galaxy S22 adhesives are very strong.
- You may have to heat the device again until the adhesives become soft.
Step 4: Take A Suction Cup
- Stick the suction cup at the lower side of the device and smoothly pull the suction cup from its handle.
- You may see a gap between the rear cover and the phone frame.
- Take a pick of 4mm to 5mm.
- Slide the pick in the gap.
- There are strong adhesives all around the four edges of the Samsung Galaxy S22. If the gap does not appear then you have to heat the device again and repeat this step.
Step 5: Slice Adhesives At the Lower Side
- Move the pick slowly from one corner to the other.
- In this way, you will be able to cut the adhesive at the bottom of the smartphone.
- The lower side of the rear cover separates from the phone frame.
Step 6: Heat the Left Side
- Use a heat gun to heat the left side of the phone for at least 3 to 5 minutes.
- You can use a hair dryer also but do not overheat the device.
Step 7: Use An opening pick:
- Put the suction cup on the left side and smoothly pull it up from the handle.
- A gap forms between the left side of the rear cover and the frame of the device.
- Immediately push a pick in the gap to avoid re-sealing the gap.
Step 8:Cut the Left Side Adhesives
- To cut the adhesive glue from the left side of the device, move the pick from the top left corner to the lower left corner.
- Keep moving the pick until all the adhesive glue is removed.
- The left side of the back cover separates from the main frame of the device.
- The back camera is located at the left corner of the device. We must carefully remove the adhesive from the top left corner.
Step 9: Heat the Right Side
- With the help of a hair dryer or heat gun heat the right side of the phone for 3 to 5 minutes.
- When adhesive glue at the right side becomes soft.
- Use a suction cup to push the right edge of the back cover and form a gap.
- Quickly insert a pick into the gap.
Step 10: Remove the Right Side Adhesives
- Smoothly slide the pick from the top right corner to the bottom right corner until all the adhesive glue is removed.
- The back cover separates from the right side of the phone.
Step 11: Cut Adhesive Glue at the Upper Border
- Hold the pick you pushed into the gap at the right side with your fingers.
- Now slide the pick from the upper right corner to the upper left corner.
- But keep in mind, do not exert too much force on the upper left corner as the back camera is located at the top left corner.
- Now back cover of the Samsung Galaxy S22 is separated from all sides.
Step 12: Take Off the Rear Cover
- Hold the back cover with your fingers and slowly separate it from the phone frame.
- Place the back cover in a safe place.
Step 13: Cut Off the Wireless Charging Coil
- Take a spudger.
- With the help of a spudger pry up the wireless charging coil.
- Disconnect the wireless charging coil from the motherboard.
Step 14: Unfasten the Charging Coil
- There are six 3.5 mm long screws securing the wireless charging coil.
- With the help of a screwdriver unscrew all six screws.
Step 15: Detach the Loudspeaker
- Take a Phillips screwdriver.
- Use it to remove seven 3.5mm long screws which are securing the loudspeaker.
Step 16:Remove The Loudspeaker
- Take a spudger and use its pointed end to pry up and disconnect the loudspeaker.
Step 17: Take Off the Charging Coil
- Hold the wireless charging coil with the help of your fingers.
- Take off the wireless charging coil along with the loudspeaker from the phone frame.
- Note this point carefully do not detach the charging coil from the loudspeaker.
Step 18: Disconnect the Battery
- With the help of a pointed-end spudger disconnect the battery press connector.
Step 19: Disconnect the Inter-connected Cables
- There are two interconnect cables attached to the motherboard.
- Detach them from the motherboard with a spudger.
- Now, detach both interconnect cables from the charging board with the help of a spudger.
Step 20: Removes the Inter-connect Cables
- With the help of tweezers or your fingers hold the two interconnect cables.
- Separate them from the phone frame.
Step 21:Unfasten the Motherboard Cover
- The motherboard cover is secured on the frame with four 3.5mm screws.
- Use a Phillips screwdriver to unscrew these four screws.
- The motherboard cover is now unfastened from the phone frame.
Step 22: Separate the Motherboard Cover
- Use a spudger to separate the motherboard cover from the motherboard.
- With pairs of tweezers hold the motherboard cover and remove it.
Step 23: Disconnect the Left Antenna
- There is a 5mmWave antenna press connector on the left side.
- With a spudger disconnect the antenna press connector.
Step 24: Disconnect the Front Camera
- Take a spudger and with its pointed end disconnect the press connector of the front camera.
Step 25: Disconnect the Screen
- Use a spudger to disconnect the screen press connector.
Step 26: Disconnect the Right Antenna
- There is a 5GmmWave antenna press connector on the right side.
- Use a spudger to disconnect the press connector of the right antenna.
Step 27: Disconnect the Power Button and Volume Buttons
- With the spudger gently pull up and disconnect the press connector of the power and volume button.
- Please do not exert too much force as you may damage the press connector.
Step 28: Unscrew the Motherboard
- With the help of a Phillips screwdriver remove the screw of the motherboard.
- Gently insert the spudger between the motherboard and phone frame at the lower right side.
Step 29: Remove the Motherboard
- With the help of your fingers carefully hold the motherboard.
- Remove the motherboard.
- Take care while removing the motherboard because very quick removal of the motherboard can damage the disconnected cables.
Step 30: Unscrew the Charging Board
- Three 3.5 mm long screws hold the charging board on the frame.
- Use a Phillips screwdriver to unscrew these screws.
Step 31:Remove the Charging Board
- With the pointed end of the spudger pry up the charging board.
- Hold the charging board with your fingers from the corners very carefully.
Step 32:Unfasten the Earpiece Speaker
- You will see two 2.9 mm long screws which have secured the earpiece speaker and vibration motor.
- Remove these two screws with a screwdriver.
Step 33:Separate the Earpiece Speaker
- Use the spudger to pry up the earpiece speaker and vibration motor from the left edge.
- With the help of a pair of tweezers take out the earpiece speaker and vibration motor.
Step 34: Unfasten the Lower 5G mmWave Antenna
- With a Phillips screwdriver unscrew the two 3.5mm screws that have secured the lower 5G mmWave antenna.
Step 35:Remove the Lower 5G mmWave Antenna
- Use a spudger to pull up the antenna bracket.
- Hold it with tweezers or fingers.
- Slowly remove the antenna.
Step 36:Remove the Upper 5G mmWave Antenna
Enter the spudger into the space between the upper antenna and the frame.
Gently pull up the antenna and take it out from the frame with the help of tweezers.
You can also use your fingers.
Step 37: Heat the Front Camera
- Heat the front camera with a hair dryer or heat gun for 2 to 3 minutes soft the adhesives.
- Do not overheat as it may damage the display.
Step 38: Remove the Front Camera
- Gently pull up the front camera with a spudger.
- Hold the camera with blunt nose tweezers to remove the front camera.
Step 39:Disconnect the Display Cable
- Disconnect the display cable with the help of a spudger.
Step 40:Remove the Display Cable
- Hold the display cable with fingers or tweezers.
- Remove the display cable.
Step 41:Take off the Power And Volume Bracket
- Enter the spudger in the tab on the power and volume button bracket.
- Gently twist the spudger in the upward direction to pull up and remove the power and volume button bracket from the phone frame.
Step 42:Remove the Power And Volume Bracket
Hold the power and volume button bracket with fingers or tweezers and remove it.
Step 43:Remove the Bracket and Button Pad
- Very carefully enter one arm of blunt nose tweezers into the power button recess.
- Now press gently to separate it from the frame.
- With fingers hold and remove the power button.
Step 44: Remove the Power Button
Very carefully enter one arm of blunt nose tweezers into the volume buttons recess.
Now press gently against the volume button's peg to separate it from the frame.
Step 45: Remove the Volume Button
- With the help of your fingers hold and remove the volume buttons.
Step 46: Heat the Phone From the Front Side
- Heat the phone from the front for 3 minutes with the help of a hair dryer or a heat un.
- Do not overheat the device.
Step 47: Remove Battery:
- The adhesives will melt and with the help of a spudger remove the battery.
Step 48: Replace Screen:
- Now only the battery and screen assembly is left.
- Now you can replace the broken screen.
- Re-assemble all the parts of the phone.
For the reassembly of the Samsung Galaxy S22, repeat all the above steps in reverse order. Use adhesive glue to stick the parts of the smartphone together. Skip all steps in which to heat the device. Reconnect all parts together which we have disconnected while the screen replacement. With proper attention, you can repair and replace the broken screen of the Samsung Galaxy s22 easily by yourself. It is rightly said where there is a will, there is a way.